Envu offers an extremely comprehensive termite protection system, the Envu Protection Warranty. If you choose to upgrade and be covered by the Envu Protection Warranty, you will be protected by an extensive $1m warranty. Unlike many other warranties, this will ensure that remedial action and repair will be completely managed by Envu if termites happen to gain access to your home and cause damage within the warranty period. This warranty is renewable annually for the life of the structure.
The Envu Protection Warranty
This warranty is given by 2022 Environmental Science AU PTY LTD (ABN: 49 656 513 923) Suite 206, 737 Burwood Rd, Hawthorn East, VIC. 3123. Phone: 1800 024 209.
The warranty document represents twelve (12) months’ coverage, subject to the terms listed in Clause 2.1.
Your rights under this warranty are in addition to and are not intended to in any way detract from or limit any rights you have under the Australian Consumer Law or any other applicable laws.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.
You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Timber pest inspection by an Envu Accredited Timber Pest Inspector is a mandatory requirement for the Envu Protection Warranty to be valid.
In this warranty document:
- EATPI means an Envu Accredited Timber Pest Inspector, approved and licensed by Envu.
- Australian Consumer Law means the Australian Consumer Law set out in Schedule Two of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and in any applicable state and territory acts.
- Building means the original structure which a timber pest inspection has been carried out by an Envu Accredited Timber Pest Inspector (EATPI).
- Inspection Date means the date which a timber pest inspection was carried out.
- Owner means the owner of the Building.
- Warranty Period 1 year from the registration of the warranty on the Envu warranty website or anniversary of the warranty date after a timber pest inspection has been carried out by an Envu Accredited Timber Pest Inspector (EATPI) and the warranty renewed. Refer to Warranty Scope above. Life of Building deemed to be 50 years as required by the Australian Building Codes Board (ABCB).
- 2.1 Envu warrants to the Owner (subject to the exclusions in paragraph 3 below) for the duration of the warranty period, that the repair cost of damage caused by Subterranean Termites (“Termites”) only, will be covered by Envu.
3. Circumstances where warranty does not apply
- 3.1 The warranty in paragraph 2 does not apply where (in Envu’s reasonable opinion) termites are able to obtain entry into the Building as a result of:
- the failure of the concrete slab when it has been designed and installed as a pre-construction termite barrier as outlined in Australian Standard 3660.1, 2014.
- 3.2 The warranty in paragraph 2 will also not apply where:
- damage is caused by termites other than subterranean termites;
- remedial action as recommended by the Envu Accredited Timber Pest Inspector has not been carried out.
- Timber pest inspection by an Envu Accredited Timber Pest Inspector has not been carried out within 6 weeks (3 weeks prior or 3 weeks after) the anniversary of the warranty expiry date.
4. Warranty claim procedure
- 4.1 If termites are detected in the Building during the Warranty Period and the Owner wishes to make a claim under this warranty, the claim must be lodged within seven days notify the Envu Protection Claims Centre as per below.
- 4.2 Any expenses incurred by the Owner in claiming under this warranty (including without limitation postal expenses, telephone calls and time incurred) will be the responsibility of the Owner.
- 4.3 If a claim is made under this warranty the Owner must provide Envu or its representatives with access to the Building at any times nominated by Envu (acting reasonably) to enable Envu or its representatives to inspect the termite damage or activity.
- 4.4 A claim under the warranty in paragraph 2 can only be accepted by Envu giving notice in writing to the Owner. Any discussion, regardless of content, with Envu staff or representatives cannot be construed or interpreted as acceptance of a warranty claim.
- 4.5 If Envu rejects a claim made under the warranty in paragraph 2, Envu may (but is under no obligation to) provide reasons for the rejection.
- 4.6 For the avoidance of doubt, claims under the warranty in paragraph 2 can only be made during the Warranty Period.
- 5.1 For the avoidance of doubt, the remedies and limitations in this paragraph are in addition to and do not limit any remedies the Owner or any other person may have against Envu under the Australian Consumer Law or any other applicable laws.
- 5.2 If the Owner makes a claim within the warranty period and it is accepted by Envu, Envu will (subject to paragraphs 5.3 and 5.4) without charge to the owner:
- eradicate the termite infestation; and/or
- cause the repair or replacement of structural timbers and/or internal timbers damaged by termites.
- 5.3 Envu will not repair, replace or reimburse the Owner under this warranty for any damage caused by termites to:
- chattels of any nature whatsoever, including (but not limited to) antiques, heirlooms, paintings, and artwork; or
- any pergolas, wiring, extensions to the Building and outhouses. Envu’s liability for repair and replacement under paragraph 2 of this warranty is limited to a maximum of $1,000,000.00 in respect of any one warranty claim.